Wednesday, June 7, 2017

                        CLASS EVALUATION
                  Some of the things I liked about this class was that it honestly made me see how to become a better person. Although it is hard, this class taught me that you get nice things out of doing nice things. I also liked the fact we got to learn coding. I liked going on code.org. I also liked the typing tutorial games they were fun and every time I played it I would try and outdo my previous score.I also liked how Mr.haymore was always smiling and greeted us with a friendly attitude. He was very nice and helpful.
                Some of the things I did not like was that The khan academy coding was very difficult. At times I did not understand it no matter how many times I went back to review it. I also did not like that we had to agree with some of the statements he put. Add to that I did not like that he made it seem like it was so easy to always choose the right. At times it is pretty boring and we are young and want to have fun.I also did not like that we did not get to interact with people in the classroom all that much.
               Some recommendations might be teaching them about actual problems going on in the world right now ( racism, homophobia,donald trump) and make them reflect on that. Let them write what they believe in because it will be easier for them to give examples about that. Let them socialize a little more. Have them research careers they want to do.
               The highlight for me in this class was that although I did not agree with some of the statements I still made it seem like I did and I learned how to argue things I did not believe in. I also liked that I learned and tried to learn how to code.
               I think I could have done a little better in the beginning because at first I did not try but after I ended up trying and giving longer reflections. I also tried doing the projects Mr. Haymore gave us to do during the weekend. Overall I could have done better and I should have not slacked off in the middle.
               I am trying my hardest to do that. I usually open it and then reflect on some how goals of mine are dumb and then i cross them out. I usually do it before I go to sleep. I put stuff about me being productive. I have made so many goals but have accomplished so little. This journal motivates me because I see how lazy I am when I actually write things down and do not accomplish them.
                 I feel that as of now I am not committed to being a CTR person . The reason is because I am young and young people do stupid things. The best stories are the ones that are adventures and that are mostly wrong. I do not want to live my life prim and proper all the time. I will be nice and respectful the most that I can be. I will try and be friendly with everyone and help people out at times.I will try my best to be a good person, but a Ctr person is something else.    


No comments:

Post a Comment