Monday, May 1, 2017

“I have been asked what I mean by ‘word of honor.’ I will tell you:Place me behind prison walls-walls of stone ever so high,ever so thick,reaching ever so far into the ground-there is a possibility that some way or another I might be able to escape;but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it.Can I get out of that circle/ No, I’d have to die first.” -Karl G maeser

Image result for karl g maeserThis statement means you should never back down on your word. It does not matter what it is, when you give your word of honor you never back down. When you tell someone something and you never promise to do it or never give your word it is okay. Once you promise or give your word and you do not show up to your compromise it reflects negatively on you.When yoU give your word and say you are going to bring food to a party , you have to now. There is no excuse, no matter what you have to bring the food because if not many people will be hungry. It reflects badly on you and makes you seem irresponsible.Choose the right and never back down on your word.   

No comments:

Post a Comment